Due to the changing demands of business, the distance between industry and academics has widened. Soft skills like time management, stress and anger management, communication, self-confidence, and many other areas of personal growth are unavoidably needed for a student to be more valuable and effective. These abilities are crucial for their academic work and professional careers. Along with these abilities, individuals require the right attitude, mindset, and direction to be employable.
Career Counseling Center (CCC) has been functional in the GSCWU Bahawalpur since October 2016 initially funded by Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC). CCC has been set up to help students find employment and internships by forging connections with the public and private sectors. The CCC is operational and works to improve the degree programs through informal and non-formal learning. For GSCWU's present students and graduates, CCC has both long-term and short-term initiatives.
Why are we unique
CCC of The Govt Sadiq College Women University Bahawalpur provides absolutely free services to all the students associated on the campus as well as the passed out graduates. The trained staff of CCC develops mutual relationships with the students, focuses on utilizing the students' strengths and resources to make important career decisions and manages career related issues. The CCC office uses a collection of diverse methods and techniques that help the students make an informed decision on career choices.
VisionTo create a connection through joint sessions and cooperative networking between the job market and various academic departments and institutions.
MissionTo provide guidance, information and counseling service to the students, employees and faculty regarding their personal, professional and career development.
- Strengthening current degree programs through non-formal education.
- Teaching students and professionals, life skills through informal education and soft skill development.
- To develop a career path based on skills and interest of students.
- To gather all the available educational as well as occupational information to aid in developing this path.
- To select appropriate academic programs and other opportunities which maximize future educational and career options.
- To prepare to find an internship or occupation after graduating by developing job search and presentation skills.
- To establish the networks with alumni, employers, organizations, and other groups that offer potential professional opportunities.
- To utilize technology to enhance career development by making them aware of online job portals.
- To enhance professional communication skills of students and young faculty.
- To prepare the graduates to manage their careers after the completion of university education.
- To arrange job fairs to create industry-academia linkages.