Aristotle said "Quality is not an act. It is a habit", we believes on this thought. We develop the culture of quality in our institution to ensure to maximum satisfaction of our stakeholder like students, faculty, parents and monitoring bodies etc.
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) has been established in the Government Sadiq College Women University, Bahawalpur under the umbrella of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), Higher education Commission, Pakistan in September 2016. QEC has been given the mandate to develop internal quality assurance system through Self-Assessment Process (SAP) and scoring accreditation of various degree programs from relevant accrediting bodies. QEC is here in university to facilitate the departments andacademia to perform their academic and co-academic activities more effectively and efficiently.
To practice best knowledge delivery system to make the university as best Higher Education Institution (HEI) for women on national and international level.
Function of QEC:
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), under the visionary guidelines of Prof. Dr. Saiqa Imtiaz Asif, Vice Chancellor Government Sadiq College Women University Bahawalpur, is working since September 2016 and headed by Dr. Taseer Salahuddin, Director QEC. She is nominated for the correspondent with the outside bodies. QEC's major responsible for:
- Establishing internal quality assurance system through Self-Assessment Process (SAP)
- Scoring Accreditation of various degree program from relevant accrediting bodies
- Systematically review the quality standard and quality of teaching through refining and improving academic process
- Improving the skills and knowledge set of faculty through capacity building workshops / seminars
- Incorporating latest trend and technologies in knowledge delivery system of university
- Give recommendation and suggestion to higher authorities through external and internal academic audit
- Developing qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Master's, M. Phil., PhD programs
- Developing quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education.
Developing procedures for the following:
- Approval of new program
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master's, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications