Career Counseling Center (CCC) has been functional in the Govt Sadiq College Women University (GSCWU) Bahawalpur since October 2016. Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) has funded this career counseling Center for filling the gap between academia and industry and to better prepare graduates for public/private sector employment.
To empower the women of southern Punjab to enter the competitive and dynamic world with confidence and competence.
- To connect women’s values, interest, attitudes, personality and skills with the world of work
- To provide professional guidance and response to the women for their personal, social, psychological, emotional and career growth.
- To maintain an environment of mutual trust, respect, support and open communication in which women can exploit their full potential.
Why are we unique
Career Counseling Center of Govt Sadiq College Women University (GSCWU) Bahawalpur provides absolutely free service to all the students associated within the campus. The trained staff of CCC develops mutual relationships with the students, focuses on utilizing the students’ strengths and resources to make important career decisions and manages career related issues. The CCC office uses a collection of diverse methods and techniques to help the students make an informed decision on career choice.
- Develop a career path based on skills and interest of students
- Gather all the available educational as well as occupational information to aid in developing this path
- Select appropriate academic programs and other opportunities that maximize future educational and career options.
- Prepare to find an internship or occupation after college by developing job search and presentation skills
- Establish of networks with alumni, employers, organizations, and other groups that offer potential professional opportunities.
- Utilize technology to enhance career development by making them aware of online job portals
- Enhance professional communication skills for students and young faculty
- Find employment or a graduate opportunity that fits to their goals
- Prepare to manage their careers after the completion of university education
- Arrange education as well as job fairs to create industry academia linkages.
Capacity Building Workshop
Career Counseling Center (CCC) is continuously arranging capacity building workshops for the graduating students of GSCWU. The aim of the activity is to enhance soft skills and professional knowledge of our graduating students because we understand that many of them are going in job market after the completion of their study. CCC wants to prepare GSCWU graduating students for market demand and inviting leading industries representative as a resource persons for the sessions as we understand that they have fresh market knowledge. This capacity building sessions includes:
- Workshops on Resume Writing
- Workshops on interviewing skills
- Workshops on Communication skills
- Workshops on presentation skills and job search strategies
- Entrepreneur lectures
- Guest Speaker lecture on various emerging topic
If you are GSCWU alumni and applying for any internship or placement opportunity and your employer is asking for the reference letter, you can obtain this letter from Career Counseling Center by simply putting a written request to CCC.
Industry – Academia Linkages
Career Counseling Center is working with leading industry players for creating strong linkages with public, private and corporate sector organizations. Our four member team of executives is continuously visiting different industry representative for enhancing mutual collaboration and creating opportunities for GSCWU students and Alumni.
Career Counseling Center (CCC) is organizing Job Fairs on annual basis. The purpose of organizing the event is to provide an opportunity to students and employers to come in direct contact and understand the requirements of job market.
Job Search Assistance
Career Counseling Center (CCC) is providing enrolled students assistance in securing part-time and temporary as well as assisting graduates and alumni with securing permanent employment upon graduation and throughout their lifetime. Student records will be maintained in the Career Center and contain copies of resumes and letters of recommendation to assist students and alumni secure employment
Career Counseling Center, GSCWU is facilitating University graduates by providing internship opportunities in various public and private Sector organizations. For this purpose CCC responsibility will be to coordinate with various departments of GSCWU for collection of data and explore market for paid and unpaid internships opportunities relevant to student's professions education.
Career Counseling Center (CCC) is continuously arranging campus recruitment Drives for the graduating student Of GSCWU. Companies directly advertised their positions on our portal and conduct test and interview session in GSCWU premises for the selection of human resource for their future needs.
Mock Interview Session
Career Counseling Center (CCC) is organizing mock interview session in every semester for the graduating students of GSCWU. For this purpose CCC will invite leading industries HR representatives in interviewing panel.
The aim of the activity is to give students opportunity to brush up their interview techniques, learn about their chosen profession/sector and reduce anxiety for the real interview and prepare them for real time job interview challenges as we understand that many of them are launching themselves in job market after the graduation.
Apart from that it is also a platform for the employers to pick the fresh available talent for future human resource requirements
Manager Career Counseling Center
M.Phil. (Educational Leadership and Management)
Assistant Career Counseling Center
Career Counseling Center
Govt Sadiq College Women University Bahawalpur