Research is the crucial point of university education in all over the world. Academic research work and other forms of creative activities are important for the intellectual growth of any higher education institution. Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has directed all public sector universities of Pakistan to establish OFFICE OF RESEARCH, INNOVATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION (ORIC) to assure the research and commercialization, so that the Pakistani universities can get reputable ranking at global level. The need to establish the ORIC is more significant in order to boost the academics as well as to excel in all other related parameters including research and innovation.
To fulfill the Vision and Mission, The Government Sadiq College Women University (GSCWU) has established the ORIC in September, 2016 to promote and enhance the research culture in GSCWU by providing support services in all the prospects of research and provide a medium of outreach to the corporate world/industry and academia.
- To promote high quality of research.
- To strengthen university-industry linkage through ORIC.
- Providing support to the students and faculty in their research.
- To apply the research practically in order to improve the economy of the country.
- To develop partnership with universities to form joint research ventures.
- To work out for the publication of the research work carried out in the university.
To excel in research and its market value
- To work under the directions of HEC.
- Informing the faculty about the research grants opportunities for them to apply and then help them in acquiring funds from international and national funding agencies.
- Arranging seminars and workshops for the university’s students and faculty.
- To keep track of all the researches carried out in the university by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and then translating the research into the public benefit.
Research Productivity Award (RPA)
RPA will be given to best researcher every year decided by ORIC depending on overall performance including (No of research publications per year with impact factor, supervised MPhil/ PhD students and published book or book chapter).
- Travel allowance will be paid for oral presentation in international conference (outside the country)
- TA/DA will be paid to attend conference, workshops and seminars.
Half Journal fee will be reimbursed after publication with impact factor more than 1.0.
Our ORIC team is grooming the faculty members and students through a series of seminars/ trainings/ workshop and conferences to create a research oriented mindset and environment in the university.
The initial stage research work is going on in the areas of chemical sciences, information technology, computer sciences and management sciences. The university aims and is striving hard to be ranked amongst the best university in research brilliance and its commercialization.